Prior to AdmissionAbout WKU
Distance Learning Options
Is Distance Learning for me?
Get EnrolledApply for Admission
Find Your Courses
Register & Set-Up Accounts
Learning OnlineUsing Blackboard
Orientation for Online Learners
Tips for Getting Started at Your Library
A quick way to get started on your research project is to ask yourself the following questions:
- What do you already know about your topic?
- What do you want to know about your topic?
- Write down as many keywords as you can think of that are related to your topic. (You will use these when you search the online catalog and journal databases
- Does your topic fit into a specific discipline - if so, what?
- What research tools does the Library offer in this subject?
This is the Research Cycle or at WKU, the Big RedSearch Cycle (view the video tutorial for additional details). Based on this information, identify some databases or research guides that may be helpful to you during your project. WKU Libraries can assist you with identifying resources through subject specific library liaisons, and research and subject guides, and WorldCat. You can also use the One Search Box, at www.wku.edu/library, for simple and convenient access to many of the articles available through WKU Libraries. Additional resources, including books and articles, are available through interlibrary loan. For more information, email email@example.com, or call 800-922-9585.
Accessing Information at WKU Libraries
First, make sure your cookies are enabled in your browser. Having your cookies enabled will allow you to move around through the various databases without having to re-authenticate. For additional instructions, make your selection from the list below:
Signing-in To Begin Your Search
- How do I login off campus?
- You can now access library databases off campus by selecting "Off Campus Login" at the time of your search. You will login using your assigned WKU Net ID and password.
- What if I don't know my WKU Net ID and password?
- All faculty, staff, and students at WKU are assigned a Net ID automatically. You can find out your Net ID by going to the WKU Accounts page. If you are an adjunct faculty member, contact the office associate in your department to have an account set up.
- What if the login is not successful off campus?
- Make sure you logged in using the "Off Campus Login" button and/or that cookies are enabled on your web browser.
Unfortunately, a few databases do not allow direct access and you will need to call our Reference Desk at (270) 745-6125, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or request live chat at the online reference desk. You will be provided a password for that specific database. When you call or email, please provide your full name and your WKU ID.
Proceed to "Finding Articles"
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,