Resources for Thesis Writers
Videos from our workshop series for thesis writers:
- Managing Your Time and Avoiding Writer's Block
- Major Editing Errors
- Revising Sentences for Clarity
- Getting Started, Getting Finished: Productive Practices for Large Writing Projects
The Writing Center will be developing a library of theses and articles from the disciplines and training our tutors to recognize some general patterns of difference.
Faculty can help by recommending outstanding theses and sample articles.
How students Can Use Writing Center Consultations:
- Make frequent appointments with the Writing Center to help keep you on schedule with your drafting.
- Discuss using writing to draft ideas (but rely on your faculty adviser to respond to and evaluate these ideas).
- Discuss an effective writing process for you.
- Diagnose your common errors and explain how to fix them.
- Discuss examples of research articles in your discipline to better notice the conventions to apply in your writing (but also confirm your understanding of these conventions with your faculty adviser).