The WKU Writing Center
The Writing Center offers individual conferences about writing with our staff of English majors and graduate students. Our services are available to all Western Kentucky University students.
Tutoring for spring 2016 starts February 1st.
Spring 2016 Hours
Cherry Hall 123
Monday through Thursday: 9:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 to 1:00 p.m.
Cravens Library: (Commons on 4th Floor)
Monday through Thursday: 4:00 to 9:00 p.m.
No meetings in Cravens on Friday
Appointments scheduled after 4:00 p.m. are held in Cravens Library.
What We Do:
Writers need feedback from readers to help refine their writing. The Writing Center can give you this feedback. Our tutors will talk with you about your writing to help you:
- brainstorm ideas
- clarify main points
- strengthen logic and support
- smooth out organization
- integrate sources and credit them properly
- fine-tune sentence style
- learn to proofread
Because we want to help you become a better writer, we won't edit or proofread your paper for you. We will help you learn to revise and edit so you will be better able to catch your own errors and improve your own content, organization, and style.
Schedule an Appointment:
- Visit our Appointment Scheduler (for both locations). Please take note of the location at which your appointment is scheduled.
- Don't miss the video tutorial about scheduling.
Submit your paper here if you need help from our online resource.*
After you submit your paper, we try to respond on the next business day via email with an estimated return time for your feedback (generally returned within 72 hours--not counting weekends). Please submit your request as soon as you know you need help. If you wait until your deadline is looming, there may be others who submitted before you (first come, first served), plus you'll need time to read and utilize our suggestions.
*We'll give you our feedback on your writing by email, but will not proofread your entire paper (see below for details).
- Email us at email@example.com.
- Call our primary location in 123 Cherry Hall at (270) 745-5719 during our operating hours if you have questions or would prefer to schedule your appointment by phone.
- Visit the Glasgow Writing Center's webpage or call (270) 659-6900 if you live in or near Glasgow and have questions or would like to schedule your appointment by phone.
Stay Up-to-Date on All Things Writing Center:
The Writing Center offers helpful feedback on any kind of writing by working with students to help them improve themselves and become better writers.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,