Declining Balance Dollars
NEW FOR FALL 2017! MPD Flex
All full-time undergraduates* (enrolled in 12 credit hours or more and living on- or off-campus) have $75 Meal Plan Dollars automatically loaded to their WKU student ID card each semester. These funds can be used at any WKU Restaurant Group dining location.
*This excludes all first year (less than two regular session semesters) students living on-campus under the age of 21 who are required to participate in one of the on-campus meal plans.
The $75 MPD Flex is charged to the University bill/student account automatically when the 12 credit hour criteria is met in the fall and spring semesters.
The Benefits of $75 MPD Flex:
- Easy way to budget for snacks and food purchases while on-campus and to socialize more while on-campus
- No actions to take; the process is automatic
- No need to carry cash; your $75 MPD Flex is on your student ID card
- Financial aid and scholarships can be used towards the charge
Looking For More?
The MPD Flex Plan offers an average of $4.68 per week. If you purchase an on-campus meal plan, you will be exempt from the $75 MPD Flex. Note that additional funds cannot be added to the MPD Flex account. If you would like to add funds, you may add Dining Dollars at any time through TopNet.
Meal Plan Dollars
Meal Plan Dollars are a part of your Meal Plan and can be customized to fit your needs. When signing up for your meal plan you can add up to $200 additional Meal Plan Dollars via TopNet to help with all the 'extras' you may want. These Meal Plan Dollars can be used in all on campus dining locations including Einstein Bros. Bagels, Panda Express, and Starbucks! Any additional Meal Plan Dollars added via TopNet will be added to your university bill. When using Meal Plan Dollars, you will save 11% on all applicable purchases and save $1.00 off the door price when used in the Fresh Food Company. Meal Plan Dollars can also be used at Chili's Grill & Bar next to campus.
Your Student May Need More Meal Plan Dollars!
The chart above can help your student budget their Meal Plan Dollars according to their chosen Meal Plan AND help you determine if you should add additional Meal Plan Dollars to their account. The chart shows week-to-week spending to ensure the dollars last all semester. Meal Plan Dollars must be added to the student account by August 25th. For more meal plan information, check out our on-campus and off-campus meal plan options. To print a Meal Plan Dollar usage chart, click here.
Dining Dollars is a separate account designed for off campus students and upperclassmen. Dining Dollars are loaded onto your student ID card and are accepted at all WKU Restaurant Group locations. When using Dining Dollars, you will save 11% on all applicable purchases and save $1.00 off the door price when used in the Fresh Food Company. Dining Dollars never expire and may be added at any time throughout the year by going to TopNet or to the ID Center, DSU 2125.
Big Red Dollars
Big Red Dollars work like a debit card and may be purchased at any time. They can be used on campus as well as several other local businesses. They roll over from year to year and can be replenished throughout the year by going online or to the ID Center, Downing Student Union 2125.
Terms and Conditions
- Meal plans purchased for use in WKU Restaurant Group locations are for the personal use of the owner of the plan only and are non-transferable. The WKU Restaurant Group meal plans cannot be used as a gift card or gift certificate.
- Declining balance funds (Meal Plan Dollars, Dining Dollars, MPD Flex) may be used by the cardholder to make a purchase in any WKU Restaurant Group location and to purchase a meal or snack for a guest.
- Except as otherwise expressly stated in these terms, all WKU Restaurant Group funds and plans are non-refundable and will expire at the earlier of the last day of enrollment, as applicable, or the last day of the current semester.
Meal Plan/Declining Balance Funds
- WKU Restaurant Group meal plans, Meal Plan Dollar and MPD Flex funds are non-refundable.
- Unused meal plan swipes expire the end of each week for weekly plans and the end of the semester for block plans or the last day of enrollment.
- Unused Meal Plan Dollar balances, as part of a meal plan, will roll from fall to spring semester but will expire on the last day of the spring semester.
- Unused MPD Flex balances will roll from year to year.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,