Order of Omega - National Greek Leadership Honor Society
Order of Omega is an undergraduate Greek Society recognizing "fraternity men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in inter-fraternity activities." Order of Omega at WKU encourages its members to continue their leadership and service and to inspire others to strive for similar attainment.
How To Join
Order of Omega is compromised of men and women who are members of Greek-letter social organizations on WKU's campus. To be eligible for membership in Order of Omega, a student shall meet the following minimum requirements:
- One full academic year of residence at the institution where selected.
- Junior or Senior (undergraduate) standing.
- Rank academically above the all-Greek average. If the all-Greek average is less than the minimum requirement for graduation, the chapter shall be denied initiation privileges until such time as it has maintained this minimum academic requirement.
- Be in good standing with the initiate’s fraternal organization.
Membership applications are available in early to mid-March. Typically, the new Order of Omega members will be announced at Convocation of Greek Week (mid- to late April). Applications will be sent out to chapter presidents to forward on to their chapter members. In addition, the application will be available on our website.
- Service Projects: Order of Omega-Gamma Beta chapter participates in various service projects within the community and on campus. Service projects include working for Gamma Beta's adopted philanthropy: Habitat for Humanity and Operation Pride. In addition, every December Order of Omega holds their "Candy Cane Gram" fundraiser to raise money for a local non-profit.
- Leadership Development: Each year, Order of Omega coordinates the Greek Leadership Symposium held in the Spring. Order of Omega also supplies leadership development opportunities in the form of guest speakers at meetings.
- If you have any questions, you can contact Andrew Rash at email@example.com