Mark Revels, PhD
- Associate Professor, Computer Information Technology, Program Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: EST 137
- Phone Number: C: 270-303-3019
- Doctor of Philosophy, Indiana State University. Emphasis in technology management. Specialization in human resource development and training
- Master of Science in Systems Management, University of Denver. MBA curriculum from a system theory perspective
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Kentucky, management major, honors
Dr. Revels has presented at national conferences and consulted for business and industry. He currently serves on the International Board of Reviewers for the Journal of Information Technology Education, and sits on the Program Committee for the Journal of Issues in Informing Science and Information Technology. His current research interests include the use of computer-mediated communication as a surrogate for social interaction in computer-based training; the impacts of voice recognition on faculty and students in the online learning environment;and the application of electronic decision support tools in business and industry.
Associate Professor, Graduate Faculty
Academic Program Coordinator
Computer Information Technology Program (CIT@WKU)
Ogden College of Science and Engineering
Western Kentucky University
Online Adjunct Professor
Leading Schools and Universities
Adjunct professor and course developer/instructional designer, teaching and developing online undergraduate and graduate information technology, healthcare, and management courses. Over 1,000 online course sections successfully taught to-date.
Director, Application Systems
Fruit of the Loom Inc. – Bowling Green, Kentucky ($2b manufacturer)
Provided strategic leadership and management for application development and support of offshore inventory/logistics system and all manufacturing applications.
Manager, Data Administration and Decision Support,
Genlyte Thomas Group - Louisville, Kentucky ($1b manufacturer)
Data warehouse implementation and management, intranet implementation and management, and data quality management at the corporate level.
Managing Director, Principal
Automation Resources Group, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Assumed profit and loss, marketing, development, and operations responsibilities.
Information Systems Coordinator
AP Technoglass, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
IT operational management including support for forty networked PC users, two IBM AS/400’s (ERP), and two DEC MicroVAX’s (shop floor).
Professional Memberships & Credentials
- Member, Bioinformatics and Information Science Center, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY, 2011-current
- Member, Association for Computing Machinery
- General Class radio operator license, Federal Communications Commission (http://www.fcc.gov/)
- Advanced Facilitator Certification, University of Phoenix (http://www.phoenix.edu/)
- Technician Class radio operator license, Federal Communications Commission (http://www.fcc.gov/)
- Certified Online-Course Peer Reviewer, Quality Matters (www.qualitymatters.org)
- Certified Computing Professional, Institute for Certification of Computing Professionals (www.iccp.org)
- Certified Integrated Resource Manager, Association for Operations Management (www.apics.org)
- Certificate in Decision Support Systems and Information Systems Management, University of Denver. Graduate level specialization
- Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician, Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (http://www.aami.org/)