- Instructor, Computer Science
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: COHH 4135
- Phone Number: 270-745-3653
- Website: http://people.wku.edu/ismail.abumuhfouz/
University of Kentucky – Lexington, KY
• Ph.D. Candidate.
• Master of Science in Computer Science, 2015.
• Graduate Certificate in College Teaching and Learning, 2014.
Sullivan University - Lexington, KY
• Master of Business Administration (M.B.A), 2009 (Summa Cum Laude).
Al Al-Bayt University- Mafraq, Jordan
• Master of Science in Computer Science, 2005
• B.Sc. in Computer Science, 2002.
My main research interests are in the areas of cloud computing, security, Vehicular Cloud and the Vehicle Ad hoc Network (VANET)
Bowling Green, Kentucky Aug 15 – Now
Western Kentucky University, Computer Science Department Instructor
• Teach multiple sections of CS146 (Introduction to Programming), CS170 (Problem Solving and Programming) and CS180 (Computer Science I).
• Prepare course syllabus, lectures, labs assignments, homework, programming assignments and exams, in addition to develop handout material and maintain classes’ web pages.
• Supervise TA.
• Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and student learning outcomes through assignments, projects, and examinations; provide feedback in a timely manner to student inquiries in class, online, or during established consultation office hours.
Lexington, Kentucky Jan 11 – Aug 15
University of Kentucky, Computer Science Department Primary Instructor, a Lecturer and a Teaching Assistant (TA)
• Developed course syllabus, prepared lectures, labs assignments, homework, programming assignments, exams and maintained webpage for CS101 (Introduction to Computers), CS115 (Introduction to Computer Programming), and CS215 (Introduction to Program Design, Abstraction, and Problem Solving) to meet the college and the department standards.
• Run the lab, held office hours and assessed students’ progress by grading projects, lab and tests and providing them with detailed feedback.
Lexington, Kentucky Jan 12 – Aug, 15
University of Kentucky- Distributed and Mobile Computing Systems Lab
• Conducted research in different areas of cloud computing, security, Vehicular Cloud and the Vehicle Ad hoc Network (VANET).
Lexington, Kentucky Jan 09 – Jan 10
Sam's Satellite & Electronics IT Manger
• Solicited information about computer needs from customers and suppliers.
• Advised customers on technical matters and recommends appropriate computer configurations.
• Supervised other regular employees; duties included recommending applicants for employment or for discipline, termination or retention.
• Investigated new items and makes recommendations for purchasing products.
Amman, Jordan Oct 04 – Jun 07 The Arab College, Instructor
• Instructed courses in the fundamentals of computer science, software applications, database design, systems analysis and design, operating systems, computer networking and security. E-Commerce and computer programming languages (Java, Visual basic, VB.Net, C, C++, CCS, HTML, XML, Java script and PHP).
• Advised and assisted students in achieving stated course objectives. Evaluated the progress of each student and notified students in need of counseling services and/or tutorial assistance.
• Assisted in the marketing and promotion of the IT programs by participating in special college sponsored events.
• Completed various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation and course reporting
• Selected with 3 other instructors among the whole country to write the Jordanian National General Exam (Al-Shamel) for the IT associate degree in 2006.
Amman, Jordan Jan 06 – Jun 07
Albattel for Training and Development, IT Manager
• Involved in system analysis and design for the company various projects. Participated in user requirements gathering, writing functional specifications, and technical specifications.
• Administrated, supervised and evaluated projects' team.
• Involved in the day to day administration of the IT activities.
• In charge of hiring, training and discipline of all IT employees.
Amman, Jordan Jun 04 – Dec 05
Yafa Medical Lab, Team Leader
• Involved in the lab medical system analysis and design. Participated in user requirements gathering, writing functional specifications, and technical specifications.
• Analyzed, designed, implemented and deployed a networked system using visual basic. The system provides services that manipulate the whole patients-lab process involving getting/updating data, issuing report, insurance companies.
• Member of Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
• Member of IEEE.
• Served as a Microteaching Group Leader, University of Kentucky 2012-2014.
• Served in a panel of experienced TAs at the University of Kentucky wide IOT (International Teaching Assistants) Orientation, 2012-2014.
• Business Advisory Board, Sullivan University 2008-2013.