- South Central KY AHEC Staff
- South Central KY AHEC Mission Statement
- Service Area
- Health Careers
- Clinical Education
- Continuing Education
- Community Health Education
- Registration Forms
- Contact Us
- Additional Resources
- Back to WKU Home
- Back to CHHS Home
- Back to AHEC
Are you interested in a HEALTH CAREER?
SC KY AHEC is dedicated to promoting health careers to Kentucky students. We strongly believe that anyone interested in the health field should have the opportunity to pursue that interest. Check out our programs below!
.Please click on the program to learn more.
Middle and High School Students:
We offer a variety of programs that promote health careers to middle and high school students. These programs can be implemented in a classroom setting or other education arena.
- After School Science Clubs - A unique opportunity to create a science club (fully funded by AHEC) for your school.
- Classroom presentations - Bring medical professionals to your classroom!
- Super Saturdays - A Saturday program for gifted students to further explore an area of interest.
- Summer Reading Programs - We have partnered with the public libraries to create a health career summer reading program.
- Health Career Explorers - A program that introduces high school students to a variety of health careers. Program takes place at the local area hospital.
- Classroom Projects - Use our pre-designed classroom projects to incorporate health career exploration into your curriculum.
- Dissection Software - Use dissection software in your class to teach anatomy and physiology.
- Operation preparation - Have students interested in a health career? We'll come talk to them during Operation Preparation.
- And More!!!!!!
Are you a student at WKU? Need test prep for your MCAT? Nervous about that medical school interview? Want to join a student health organization? AHEC provides a variety of programs for college students.
- WKU/AEHC Student Rural Health Association - A student organization dedicated to all aspects of rural health.
Other Health Career Programs:
We offer several health career trainings that are open to community members.
- Health Careers at a Glance - Health career job descriptions and educational requirements
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,