- South Central KY AHEC Staff
- South Central KY AHEC Mission Statement
- Service Area
- Health Careers
- Clinical Education
- Continuing Education
- Community Health Education
- Contact Us
- Additional Resources
- Back to WKU Home
- Back to CHHS Home
- Back to AHEC
Are you interested in a HEALTH CAREER?
SC KY AHEC is dedicated to promoting health careers to Kentucky students. We strongly believe that anyone interested in the health field should have the opportunity to pursue that interest. Check out our programs below!
.Please click on the program to learn more.
Middle and High School Students:
We offer a variety of programs that promote health careers to middle and high school students. These programs can be implemented in a classroom setting or other education arena.
- After School Science Clubs - A unique opportunity to create a science club (fully funded by AHEC) for your school.
- Classroom presentations - Let AHEC come to your class to present about HEALTH CAREERS!
- Classroom Projects - Use our pre-designed classroom projects to incorporate health career exploration into your curriculum.
- Dissection Software - Use dissection software in your class to teach anatomy and physiology.
- Operation preparation - Have students interested in a health career? We'll come talk to them during Operation Preparation.
- And More!!!!!!
Are you a student at WKU? Need test prep for your MCAT? Nervous about that medical school interview? Want to join a student health organization? AHEC provides a variety of programs for college students.
- WKU/AEHC Student Rural Health Association - A student organization dedicated to all aspects of rural health.
Other Health Career Programs:
We offer several health career trainings that are open to community members.
- Health Careers at a Glance - Health career job descriptions and educational requirements
Programs no longer available due to lack of funding:
Last update 12/4/14 cmm
South Central KY AHECWestern Kentucky University 1906 College Heights Blvd #41038 Bowling Green, KY 42101-1038 Phone: 270-745-3325 Fax: 270-745-5928 Campus location: Academic Complex 408 Contact us
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,