Health Career Explorers
Health Career Explorers at Hardin Memorial
Do you live in Hardin County? Are you interested in the health field?
Apply to the Health Career Explorers program at Hardin Memorial.
Throughout the program, students will explore different departments of the hospital as they learn about different medical career paths. The program meets once a month from 4:45-6:45pm (unless noted otherwise). Most meetings are held at the main hospital (913 N Dixie Ave, Elizabethtown, KY 42701). On several meetings, we will be traveling to different HMH facilities throughout Elizabethtown. Information and directions will be provided closer to the dates.
Health Career Explorers is a program for high school students in Hardin County who are interested in learning more about different health professions. Throughout the program, students visit different departments at Hardin Memorial Health learning about each department and talking with health professionals. In some departments, students will get to try simulated medical procedures.
The program usually meets once a month from 4:45 - 6:45pm EST at Hardin Memorial Health. While any high school student can apply, the program gives preference to sophomores and juniors.
- Students must commit to attending all program sessions.
- Preference is given to current sophomores and juniors.
- All selected students must provide proof of immunizations including: chicken pox, rubella, measles, mumps, current infleunza vaccine.
- All selected students must have a TB risk assessment. This requires seeing a physician, PA, or nurse practitioner and is different than a TB skin test.
- All students must complete the HMH Student Orientation Packet.
- Students 18 years of age or older must pass a criminal background check.
The program meets the second Tuesday of every month from October to May.
*NOTE: Due to Fall Break, the October meeting will be held on October 15.
How to Apply
The application for the 2019-2020 Health Career Explorers program closes on Thursday, September 12 at 11:59 pm EST. The application can be found here.