Facebook Pixel UK Housing and Stipends | Western Kentucky University Skip to main content

UK Housing and Stipends


Housing Sites and Stipends

UK students completing away rotations will be provided with housing in the community of their rotation.  Housing sites in our region are private housing – meaning staying in someone's home. In most sites, you have a private bedroom, access to the kitchen and most do offer a private bathroom.


 You pay the housing host $100.00/week ($400.00 for your four week rotation). You must pick up your housing check from the UK AHEC office before you come out on rotation. You are responsible for your own meals and picking up after yourself. Some housing sites have "house rules" such as no loud music/TV past a certain hour, no food in the bedroom, etc.


All students must have their housing hosts complete a Rent Receipt. The Rent Receipt can be found here



If you choose to commute from the University to your AHEC clinical site you will not receive any money. This means that you will not receive money for mileage or rent while on rotation, nor for one round trip from the University to your clinical site. If you have indicated you need help finding housing, I will try to provide you with the best housing accommodations accessible to your rotation site within your budgeted housing allowance. Please remember that a signed receipt is required from the housing site (motel, private home or apartment). If you live with your family or friends, there will be no reimbursement for housing. After completing your rotation, you will be reimbursed for one round trip from the University to your rotation site.


To learn more about housing policies and stipends visit, UK Rotation Information page. 



Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 2/13/18