Facebook Pixel Home - Undergraduate Program - Psychology - WKU | Western Kentucky University Skip to main content

Department of Psychology

Declaring a Psychology Major or Minor


A change of major can be completed online from Topnet. To locate this form on Topnet, go to Student Services, Student Records and the Change form will be the second option on that screen. The earlier you declare your major the easier your task of meeting the requirements for graduation. Both old (Catalog Years 2013-14 and earlier) and new (Catalog Year 2014-15 and forward) general psychology majors (760) require a minor. However, you do not have to select a minor at the time you initially declare your psychology major. The old extended psychology major (591; Catalog Years 2013-14 and earlier) does not require a minor.

Selecting A Psychology Advisor

The Department of Psychology has designated advisors for Freshman and Sophomore students with fewer than 60 credit hours completed. To make an appointment to speak to one of these advisors, contact the Department at 270-745-2695 or use our web form to send us an e-mail. Students with more than 60 hours completed will be assigned to a specific faculty member for academic advising. Students who wish to request a particular faculty member as an advisor may do so.




Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 11/13/18