Dean's Council of Students
What is an Ambassador?
The Dean’s Council of Students is the ambassadorial group of Potter College of Arts & Letters at Western Kentucky University. DCS is comprised of 20-25 student volunteers majoring in one or more academic disciplines within Potter College. Students involved with the group are competitively selected annually and serve throughout the academic year. DCS members assist the College departments and faculty at open houses, college fairs, and Topper Orientation Programs (TOP). Additionally, DCS members provide campus and facilities tours, correspond with prospective majors, participate in College events, and serve as peer mentors to students who are exploratory within Potter College. Activities range from guiding scholars/professionals around campus during meetings or guest speaking engagements, giving tours for parents/prospective students, answering questions of students during Head for the Hill, DiscoverWKU, Scholars events, Career Fairs, Majors and Minors Fair, PCAL sponsored conferences, etc.
Need DCS for your event?
Applications for 2019-2020 membership are now closed.
To Join DCS:
Ambassadors are expected to:
- Be a Potter College of Arts and Letters major
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Participate in a mandatory training meetings the Saturday before MASTER Plan
- Participate in mandatory meetings
- Participate in no fewer than three (3) events per semester (at least one recruitment event in the fall and one Topper Orientation in the spring)
- Have excellent oral communication skills and poise in dealing with diverse groups of visitors
- Be willing to gain knowledge of PCAL and WKU
- Engage with prospective and current students and others to share the excitement of majoring in PCAL!
Benefits to being an ambassador:
- Network with students, faculty, and professionals from various PCAL programs
- Develop and apply leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- Have fun while interacting with students that have similar interests and goals
- Provide service that engages you in the life of PCAL and WKU
For more information about the Dean's Council of Students, please contact us at email@example.com.