APPLICATION CHECKLIST FOR WKU-O:
Make an appointment with an advisor to ensure you are ready to apply.
- Call (270) 684-9797 or stop by our office to schedule an appointment. WKU-O advisors can evaluate previous course work and help you determine the best bachelor’s degree for you.
- Bring an unofficial copy of all school transcripts to your appointment. If you have attended multiple institutions, be sure to bring transcripts from each college or university.
Fill out an admissions application online at www.wku.edu/apply. Please call (270) 684-9797 for help on applying.
Students pursuing a bachelor's degree will select the "Domestic and International" application even if they have taken WKU classes in the past.
To create a log-in account for the application, click on the blue text that says "Application Account Creation"
If applying for Joint Admissions:
Answer "Yes" to the first question to populate an application for a degree-seeking student. On the first page of the application, please answer the question "If applying for joint enrollment, please select the participating school" by selecting your current community college from the drop-down box. After selecting your current school, enter your KCTCS ID number in the next empty box.
The application fee will be waived for Joint Admissions students with a semester (12 credit hours) or more of community college coursework remaining to complete their academic plan. Contact a WKU-O advisor to see if you are eligible for Joint Admissions.
Send all transcripts from prior institutions to WKU (main campus).
- How do I get official transcripts from other schools?
Owensboro Community & Technical College - START Center or online through "Student Records"
Henderson Community College - START Center or online through "Records"
Hopkinsville Community College - Admissions/Records counter or online through "Admissions & Records"
Madisonville Community College - Admissions/Records office or online through "Admissions/Records"
- Where do I mail my official transcripts?
Meet with an advisor to enroll in courses. Call (270) 684-9797 to schedule an appointment.
Frequently check your WKU email. Your bill will be sent to your WKU e-mail and WKU teachers and staff often use your e-mail to notify you of schedule changes and important events.
Tutorials for setting up and using WKU email (click "Email")
- Familiarize yourself with the WKU-O website. There is a lot of important information on the WKU-O website.