Editing Assets Overview
Editing an asset is very similar to editing a page as several of the same actions and file operations are available.
Once an asset has been inserted on a page, the page is said to have "subscribed" to the asset and the asset is a dependency of the page. An asset must be published after editing it in order to update the dependent pages that have subscribed to it.
The Edit menu for assets is available on the Assets list view (Content > Assets) by hovering over the asset row. Additionally expanding the File Navigation sidebar, clicking Assets, and selecting the desired asset from the sidebar will open the Edit Asset screen.
The available actions vary depending on access settings and the status of the page. Any changes to assets do not affect the files on the production server or any publish targets until the asset is published. However, changed assets render on the staging server. Publish can be immediate or scheduled to occur in the future.
Editing an Asset
- Navigate to Content > Assets. Additionally expanding the File Navigation sidebar, clicking Assets, and selecting the asset from the sidebar will render the Edit Asset screen.
- Locate the asset to be edited. Use the tags to filter if necessary. By default, assets
from all sites within an account are shown, except for Image Gallery and Form assets, which are site specific.
- Click on the name of the asset or hover over Edit on the asset row and choose Asset. Assets checked into the system or checked out to the current user can be edited.
- The asset is now checked out to the current user and can be edited.
- Make the changes to the asset and Save.