Asset Actions Toolbar Overview
When a user selects an asset for viewing or editing, they will be taken to a page that displays the Asset Actions toolbar. This toolbar is similar in design to the Page Actions toolbar but with slightly different functionality. The options available on the toolbar are dependent on access settings and the status of the page.
By default, the following options are available:
- Preview: Displays the Preview Asset screen.
- Edit: Displays the Edit Asset screen.
- Properties: Displays the General Properties screen for the asset, Access Settings, and Log are also available.
- Versions: Displays the Versions screen for an asset, where versions of an asset can be viewed or reverted to.
- Save Version: Allows users to save the current state of the asset.
- Check In/Check Out: Allows users to check-in or check-out the asset. For some options to show in the Asset Actions toolbar, the file must be checked out by the user.
- Publish: Includes the ability to publish an asset and other publish options including scheduling a publish and submitting for approval. If it is required to send the asset for approval, then the Submit button is available rather than the Publish button.
Preview Asset Screen
The Preview Asset screen allows users to review the finalized version of the asset as it would appear within the OU Campus system. When viewing an asset, the name of the asset is displayed in the left navigation. It is important to remember that no changes can be made from this screen and that the user should navigate to the Edit Assets screen to perform the desired actions. For more information about previewing assets:
Edit Assets Screen
The Edit Assets screen allows users to modify existing assets within the OU Campus system. Depending on the asset type, the functionality of this page varies but the user interface will remain mostly the same. The following elements are displayed on the Edit Assets screen:
- Edit Menu: Displays the name of the asset being edited.
- Edit Asset Panel: Depending on the asset type, this window will display different tools that can be used for editing the asset's content.
For more information about editing assets from the Edit Assets screen:
General Properties Screen
The General Properties screen allows users to edit basic metadata information about the asset as well as provides the functionality to allow users to view a log of all previous actions performed on the currently selected asset. For more information about the General Properties Screen:
The Versions screen displays a list view of all previous versions of the currently selected asset. The following elements are displayed on the Versions screen:
- Number of Versions
- Filter: Allows users to filter the list results. The filter is specific to version number, user, user, and description.
- Displays the list view, which includes the following columns: Version, Date, User, Description, and Options.
- Sort: The list can be sorted by all columns except the Options column.
- View: Hover and choose whether to view the rendered page or source view.
- Revert: Reverting to a previous version will replace the content on staging.
For more information about asset versions:
When a user clicks the Save Version button, the Save Version dialog is displayed. This action will save the current state of the file to the versions archive. Optionally, the user can enter a description of the version into the provided text field. It is important to remember that the description can be no longer than 256 characters. When the user is ready, they can choose to discard the changes or confirm saving the version.
When users wish to publish an asset, they will select a list of available options for publishing from the Publish button in the Assets Action toolbar. For more information about the an asset's available publishing options: