Minor in Nonprofit Administration
The minor in Nonprofit Administration (reference number 422) prepares students for careers in, and service to, the nonprofit sector. Students take courses from several departments and programs of study to gain needed nonprofit competencies and experiences.
WKU Nonprofit Administration students are eligible to earn the Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) professional credential and the National Certification in Nonprofit Management and Leadership (see below):
- Admission to the Nonprofit Administration minor requires an advising appointment with the program coordinator, Dr. Raymond Poff, firstname.lastname@example.org, 745-2498.
- A grade of 'C' or better is required for all courses used in the minor. 50% of credit hours must be 300 or 400 level.
- No more than 13 hours from any course prefix may be used to fulfill the minor requirements (exception can be made for students taking a 6 credit hour REC 496)
Please note: To earn the CNP credential and the national certification, students need to complete the minor with the following steps:
- Complete a 300 hour internship (REC 496 – 6 credit hours) instead of the minimum 150 hours required for the minor.
- Participate with the nonprofit student association and demonstrate leadership and service.
This minor requires 22-25 hours including the following courses:
- REC 220 - Understanding the Nonprofit Sector
- MGT 333 - Management of Nonprofit Organizations
- Select: ACCT 200 or REC 402 or SPM 402
- REC 494 - Nonprofit Conference (Requires: Attendance at Alliance Management/Leadership Institute)
- REC 496 - Nonprofit Internship (150 - 300 hours; 3-6 credit hours) Prerequisites: REC 220, MGT 333, and Instructor's Permission
Students will select two or more courses (totaling up to 6 credit hours from the approved course list or other courses as approved by the program advisor, Dr. Raymond Poff
WKU Nonprofit Administration students are eligible to earn the Certified Nonprofit Professional (CNP) and the National Certification in Nonprofit Management and Leadership.
To earn CNP credential and the national certification students must:
- Complete a 300 hour internship (REC 496 - 6 credit hours)
- Participate with the nonprofit student association and demonstrate leadership and service
Please note: No more than 12 hours from any prefix may be used to fulfill the minor requirements. Some courses may have prerequisites.
Email: Dr. Raymond Poff at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: 888-4WKUWEB or 270-745-5173
Download the Nonprofit Administration Summary Sheet