Family Studies Major Requirements
- FACS 111: Human Nutrition
- FACS 180: Foundations in Consumer & Family Sciences
- FACS 191: Child Development
- FACS 310: Management of Family Resources
- FACS 311: Family Relations
- FACS 380: Professional Presentation Techniques in Consumer & Family Sciences
- FACS 399: Implications of Research in Family & Child Studies
- FACS 492: Growth and Guidance of Children
- FACS 493: Family Life Education
- FACS 494: Parenting Strategies
- FACS 499: Critical Issues in Family & Child Studies
- FACS 410: Internship
- SOCL 300: Using Statistics in Sociology
- PSY 423: Psychology of Adult Life and Aging OR
- SOCL 342: Aging in Society
- PSY 430: Psychology of Women OR
- SOCL 466: Gender, Family, and Society OR
- SOCL 355: Sociology of Gender
- SOCL 359: Sexuality and Society OR
- PH 365: Human Sexuality
A Grade of "C" or better is required in all courses in the major.
Please Note: In addition to the courses listed above, the Family Studies Major requires a minor and 44 hours in General Education courses. Minors, as well as select General Education courses, are available online. General Education courses may be completed online through a combination of Distance Learning and Independent Learning Courses. There are also several minors available online. Please talk with an advisor to develop a program that best meets your needs.
Recommended Sequence of Courses
Certain courses may offered on a rotating basis, so please plan your program of study carefully. Contact Doris Sikora at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Darbi Haynes-Lawrence at email@example.com for additional information on course offerings.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,