Tuition rates are based on:
- Student Classification (undergraduate or graduate)
- Enrollment Status (full-time or part-time)
- Delivery Mode (Web, On Demand, Face-to-Face)
We know that it can be difficult to understand the different tuition rates and how they apply to you. The information on this page is designed to provide clarification on tuition, as it applies to online courses (online courses are identified in the schedule of classes as "web" and "on demand"). The WKU Bursar Office provides additional information regarding tuition and fees, and should be considered the official source.
WKU On Demand classes are now eligible for The Kentucky P-12 Professional Educator Rate. The educator rate is a special tuition rate for Kentucky teachers in specific master degree programs. It is $415 per credit hour for online courses. More information, including a list of eligible programs, can be found here. In order to have this rate applied, please contact the On Demand office at (270) 745-4158.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about On Demand courses, specifically:
- Courses are billed per credit-hour at the in-state tuition rate for all students, regardless of location (see note) *
- The full-time on-campus tuition rate does not include WKU On Demand courses. For more information, click here.
- Students who qualify for financial aid may use it to pay for On Demand courses.
- WKU On Demand will also accept checks, money orders, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover.
* Note: The cost for the On Demand MBA Foundations course is 4.5 credit hours at the current graduate On Demand tuition rate.
Please contact On Demand if you have a scholarship, tuition waiver, or third-party billing that could possibly cover tuition.
Students enrolling exclusively in web courses (semester-based web or on demand) are charged the per credit hour rate listed below regardless of location.
Potential Additional Fees:
Occasionally, there is an additional fee charged in relation to a specific course. The fees are non-refundable after the University's refund period is less than 100%. The WKU Office of the Bursar provides additional information about course fees.
Proctored Exam Fees
Students taking web courses are often required to take proctored exams where students are monitored while taking the exam. DELO Testing Centers is one option for WKU students and does not charge a fee for proctoring. If you are unable to visit WKU’s campus, there are other options within the WKU Remote Proctoring Network, which includes both proctor locations who charge for proctoring services as well as those who do not charge. Students are responsible for payment of any proctoring fees if they choose to use a proctor who charges a fee for this service. Students are also responsible for any additional fees that might be associated with the use of a particular proctoring site, such as parking fees.
|2019-2020 Academic Year - Online (Web) Rate|
|Undergraduate Students||$540 per Credit Hour|
|Graduate Students||$707 per Credit Hour|
|2019-2020 Academic Year - On Demand Rate|
|Undergraduate Students||$450 per Credit Hour|
|Graduate Students||$707 per Credit Hour|
Full-Time Undergraduate Students
- Fully Online Students: If you are enrolled exclusively in online courses (i.e. semester based web courses, On Demand courses or a combination of the two), you will be charged the applicable per credit hour rate for each course (applicable rates are noted above). There is no full-time online rate. No out-of-state tuition is ever charged.
- Semester-based web + face-to-face: Full-time undergraduate students who enroll in a combination of face-to-face classes + web will be charged the applicable in-state or out-of-state tuition rate + an additional per credit hour fee for the web class (the fee for 2018-2019 is $150 per credit hour).
- On Demand + face-to-face: Full-time undergraduate students who enroll in a combination of face-to-face classes + on demand are charged per credit hour, based on class type (face-to-face or on demand) for all hours taken up to 12 credit hours. Those enrolling in at least 12 hours of face-to-face classes + on demand class(es) are charged the applicablein-state or out-of-state tuition rate full-time tuition rate for face-to-face classes + the per credit hour rate for the additional on demand class(es).
Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Part-time undergraduate students enrolling in a combination of delivery modes (Face-to-Face, Web, On Demand) are charged the per credit hour rate for each course, based on course type.
- On Demand Courses: The per credit hour rate for in-state undergrad students is always charged, regardless of where you live.
- Web Courses: The per credit hour web course rate is always charged, regardless of where you live.
- Face-to-Face Courses: The applicable in-state/out-of-state per credit hour rate is charged.