Information for Prospective Students
ADVICE FROM OUR GRADUATES
Can YOU be a Nurse?
Generally, to be a nurse in the U.S., there are a few requirements that you should know about.
1. You must be proficient in the English Language. At WKU School of Nursing, we check this using the TOFEL exam. See our requirements here.
2. You must graduate from a qualifying nursing program. Our BSN and ASN programs both meet this requirement.
3. You must pass the NCLEX-RN exam after graduation to obtain license to practice as a registered nurse (RN).
4. You must pass a criminal background check and have no prior felony convictions, and no misdemeanors related to the practice of nursing. This last is determined on a case by case basis, if you have questions about this, please contact us and we will review your information.
5. You must have a valid Social Security number.
6. You must have the minimum physical, mental and emotional capabilities to perform nursing tasks in a variety of clinical settings. See more information.
WKU School of Nursing General Information
Nursing Program Options - Chart Resource (Transfer Course Equivalencies)
Program Specific Information
LPN to ASN online Program
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)