WKU to recognize 1,366 fall graduates at Dec. 14 ceremonies
- Author: WKU News
- Author: Thursday, December 12th, 2019
WKU’s five academic colleges will recognize more than 1,300 fall graduates in ceremonies on Saturday (Dec. 14).
During the daylong special recognition ceremonies at Diddle Arena, WKU will confer degrees to 1,366 graduates – nine doctoral, 218 master’s, 967 bachelor’s and 61 associate degrees and 69 undergraduate and 42 graduate certificates.
The schedule for Saturday's recognition ceremonies is as follows:
- 8 a.m.: Gordon Ford College of Business
- 10:30 a.m.: Potter College of Arts & Letters
- 1 p.m.: Ogden College of Science and Engineering
- 3:30 p.m.: College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
- 6 p.m.: College of Health and Human Services
Ceremonies will include the ceremonial conferral of degrees, remarks from college deans, recognition of scholars and commissioning of WKU ROTC cadets. The graduates also will be individually recognized and shake hands with President Timothy C. Caboni. The fall graduates will be encouraged to participate in Topper Walk as part of WKU’s 187th Commencement ceremony on May 15.
Aaron Jacobs, an Accounting major and Agriculture minor from Morgantown, will be recognized as the Ogden Foundation Scholar during the Gordon Ford College of Business ceremony. WKU’s top undergraduate academic award is presented to one graduating baccalaureate degree senior who has demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and outstanding university and civic engagement.
Other fall graduation celebrations include:
- International Graduation Reception, 5 p.m. Dec. 12 at Mahurin Honors College/International Center multipurpose room.
- WKU ROTC Commissioning, 3 p.m. Dec. 13 at Diddle Arena.
- Cynthia & George Nichols III Intercultural Student Engagement Center (ISEC) Graduation Celebration, 6 p.m. Dec. 13 at Downing Student Union Auditorium.
- SKyTeach Graduation Reception, 9 a.m. Dec. 14 at Kelly Thompson Hall, room 1011.
- English Department Graduation Celebration, noon Dec. 14 at Centennial Mall.
- College of Education and Behavioral Sciences Graduation Reception, 1 p.m. Dec. 14 at Gary Ransdell Hall.
- Department of Public Health Hooding Ceremony, 1:30 p.m. Dec. 14 at Mahurin Honors College-International Center, room 1011.
For information about the December ceremonies, visit https://www.wku.edu/commencement/
Contact: Registrar, (270) 745-3351