- MA in Applied Economics
- Admission Requirements
- Contact Information
- Current Student Resources
- GA Application
WKU Graduate School
Requirements for Admission to the MAE Program
Students seeking admission into the WKU Masters of Arts in Applied Economics must meet the following requirements:
- File application with WKU Graduate School with accompanying $60 fee
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation to WKU Graduate School. The letters can be sent by e-mail or regular mail directly to the Graduate School
- Submit official copy of undergraduate degree transcript to WKU Graduate School
- Have official GRE score (within last 5 years) submitted to WKU Graduate School
- Have a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 (4.0 scale)
- Have a minimum GRE-Quantitative score of 147
- For applicants from non-English speaking countries a minimum TOEFL score (550 paper score, 213 computer, 79 internet based) or a 65 on the IELTS
- Completion of introductory microeconomics (Economics 202 or equivalent) course, an introductory macroeconomics (Economics 203 or equivalent) course, and an introductory statistics (Economics 206 or equivalent) course. These courses represent minimum requirements. Intermediate coursework in economics and business statistics is suggested.
Alternate graduate admission test scores such as the GMAT or LSAT will be considered
on a case by case basis as a substitute for the GRE.
MA in Applied economics offers a JUMP option - Joint Undergraduate/Graduate Program. This option is available only to students who are currently enrolled at WKU. JUMP allows students to start working toward their MA degree while completing their Bachelor’s degree in economics. Students may earn up to 12 hours of graduate credits while completing their undergraduate degree. To be eligible, an applicant must have
- 3.25 overall GPA
- Minimum of 60 hours and maximum of 96 credit hours (with some exceptions)
- At the time of application and be an Economics, Business Economics or Mathematical Economics major.
Students must maintain at least a 3.2 GPA in economics coursework and a 3.0 GPA in
overall coursework to remain in good standing
To find out more about the JUMP option, contact Dr. Alex Lebedinsky
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,