Requirements for Admission to the MAE Program
Students seeking admission into the WKU Masters of Arts in Applied Economics must meet the following requirements:
- File application with WKU Graduate School with accompanying fee.
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation to WKU Graduate School. The letters can be sent by e-mail or regular mail directly to the Graduate School
- Submit official copy of undergraduate degree transcript to WKU Graduate School
- Have official GRE score (within last 5 years) submitted to WKU Graduate School
- Have a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 (4.0 scale)
- Have a minimum GRE-Quantitative score of 147
- For applicants from non-English speaking countries, evidence of ability to communicate
in English (a minimum of 550 on the written TOEFL, a minimum of 213 on the computerized
TOEFL, a minimum of 79 on the internet TOEFL, successful completion of ELS Level 112,
or a minimum of 6.5 on the IELTS
Additional requirements for Mathematical Methods Concentration:
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Mathematics, Mathematical Economics or other related major.
- All applicants must have completed a calculus sequence through multivariable calculus, discrete mathematics, principles of micro- and macroeconomics, and one semester of junior or senior level probability theory
Alternate graduate admission test scores such as the GMAT or LSAT will be considered
on a case by case basis as a substitute for the GRE.