Educational Technology Concentration
Graduate Certificate: Educational Technology
Educational Technology Certificate (Ref# 167)<back>
This is a certificate program for any post-baccalaureate graduate seeking to learn more about integrating technology into teaching or training. This graduate certificate program provides students with essential technology skills, including design and curriculum integration techniques for multimedia presentations, web pages, databases, spreadsheets, instructional software, digital video/audio editing, desktop publishing and more. This graduate certificate program enhances the experiences of educators or business/Information Technology trainers in incorporating technology into instruction and assisting students/employees in their use of technology. This certificate will be listed on the student’s transcript upon completion of the program. One-hundred percent of the program is online.
Three (9 hours) required courses:
- LITE 535 Survey of Education Technology Issues (offered fall, spring, and summer)
- LITE 537 Principles of Ed. Technology Applications (prerequisite LME 535; only offered fall and spring semester)
- LITE 508 Informatics in Education (offered fall, spring, and summer)
Select any one course (3 hours) from the following: (each are offered once a year)
- LITE 545 Educational Technology Production (offered spring semester)
- LITE 547 Integration of Educational Technology (offered summer session)
- LITE 550 Emerging Technology in Education (offered Winter session)
- LITE 737 Educational Technology Leadership (no prerequisite; offered fall semester)
For more information about the cost of the program, average time to complete the program, and other important information, please visit this website.
Federal regulations require WKU to have this information available for certificate programs and any other marketing materials. If you have any printed materials, please add a statement that directs readers to https://www.wku.edu/financialaid/certificates.php where there are disclosures for each program.