Photocopying & Scanning
WKU Libraries has a variety of options for copying or scanning throughout the Helm-Cravens Library, the Educational Resources Center, and the regional libraries in Elizabethtown, Glasgow, and Owensboro. Some materials in the Kentucky Library & Museum may also be copied or scanned. Copiers will make enlargements and reductions from 50% to 200%. Both letter and legal size paper is available.
Copiers cost 10 cents per page. Although the circulation and reference desks cannot provide change, there is a change machine for $1 and $5 bills near the copier on the 4th floor of Cravens.
Copiers are available in the following locations:
- Cravens Library 4th Floor, Circulation Area (between the Circulation desk and the elevator).
- Cravens Library 2nd Floor, Visual & Performing Arts Library (VPAL).
- Helm Library 1st Floor, Reference Center (adacent to the Confucius Institute/Chinese Learning Center).
- Helm Library 2nd Floor, Periodicals Section (on the walkway between the 2nd floor of Helm and the 5th floor of Cravens).
- Helm Library Basement, Government Documents & Law Collection (located in the Law Collection).
- Educational Resources Center (ERC), Ransdell Hall.
- Elizabethtown Regional Library.
- Glasgow Regional Library.
- Owensboro Regional Library.
- Kentucky Library (2nd Floor). Unless their fragility prohibits, most items in the Kentucky Library may be photocopied. Photocopies cost ten cents per page. To arrange for publication quality reproductions, consult a member of the staff.
Need to use a scanner? Use our walk-up KIC (Knowledge Imaging Center) scanner in the Visual & Performing Arts Library on the 2nd floor of Cravens Library. The scanner can handle books, magazines, journals, newspapers, photos, or other material from postage stamp size up to 17 x 24 inches. With a choice of resolutions up to 600 dots/inch, the scanner can handle intricate artwork.
For more information about the KIC Scanner, ask for assistance in the VPAL.