Save Time, Reduce Stress, Get Help Starting a Paper or Research Project
- We have a librarian who works with every department and every program on campus. Click here for list.Your Personal Librarian help you succeed, save stress and time, and get better grades on papers and projects by showing you what you need to know to start your research.
- Contact your Personal Librarian directly, E-mail Helm-Cravens Reference at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Special Collections at email@example.com.
Evidence & Argument, WKU's Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP), articulates a single student learning goal, namely that WKU students will bring evidence and argument to life through written, oral, and visual means. Students will apply and adapt this learning to their professional, social, and personal lives.
This goal is linked to three student learning outcomes:
1. WKU students will demonstrate the ability to gather sound and relevant evidence to address an issue (Evidence-Gathering)
2. WKU students will demonstrate the ability to analyze and synthesize the assembled evidence. (Sense-Making)
3. WKU students will demonstrate the ability to articulate a logical and supported argument based on this analysis. (Argumentation)
Have a Library Faculty member Talk to your Class About Research
- Library faculty will teach your students to use relevant and reliable evidence for research.
- We have a librarian who works with every department and every program on campus. Click here for list.
- Library faculty will show students to use good search techniques in academic research databases.
- Library faculty will help students understand and evaluate the various types of resources that are available and learn the basics of research.