- WKU Faculty, Staff, and Students should work with their departmental faculty representative and with their subject liaison librarian to complete the ECRC Request Form and obtain any necessary pricing information, supporting documentation, etc.
- The ECRC Request Form must be submitted to the ECRC Chair one week before the monthly meeting. The ECRC chair will communicate all deadlines to the subject liaison librarians. Any submissions received after the deadlines will be reviewed at the ECRC meeting the following month.
- The ECRC Chair and the Serials Representative will review the ECRC form for pricing, online availability when print is requested, and other information prior to the committee meeting.
- Requests to link to freely accessible e-resources should be forwarded to the ECRC Chair by the appropriate subject librarian with a brief justification. No committee action is required.
- Approved titles will be added to the Libraries’ web pages where appropriate.
- Only WKU-funded e-resources titles and links will be added to TOPCAT. Exceptions will be considered on an individual basis.
- All librarians requesting new titles will attend the ECRC meeting where their request will be discussed. The committee will approve, disapprove, or defer decision on each title by majority vote.
- Requests for titles to move from Leisure Periodicals to the main periodicals area should be sent to the ECRC Chair using the ECRC form with appropriate fields completed and representative issue attached.
- Should the ECRC chair or a member receive a request to modify a decision reached by the committee, the ECRC Chair will present the issue to the Dean of Libraries. The Dean or the ECRC chair shall then communicate a final decision to the requester, the committee and any other persons deemed appropriate by the Dean of Libraries.
- AskUs! (Reference Services)
- Access Services
- Educational Resources Center
- Electronic Information Resources
- Elizabethtown-Fort Knox Library
- Extended Library Services
- Glasgow Library
- Government Documents | Law
- Interlibrary Loan
- Information Literacy
- Owensboro Library
- Reserve Materials
- Visual & Performing Art Library
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,