Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is an agreement among libraries to share library resources needed for research. WKU faculty, staff and students may use ILL as a supplement to the WKU Libraries. Books, journal articles, dissertations, government documents, microfilm materials, and other items may be borrowed via ILL. We regret that we cannot fill requests for textbooks currently being used at WKU or materials for course reserves. Copyright law and international Interlibrary Loan codes may place restrictions on what materials may be borrowed.
All costs incurred for ILL requests are paid for from the WKU Libraries budget. There is no charge to our faculty, staff, and students.
With Illiad's electronic delivery, articles will take 1 or 2 days. If the lending library mails us the article, it will take longer. Typically, it takes 2-4 weeks to receive requested books (which are usually sent via US Mail), however it may take longer depending on workloads of WKU and lending libraries' ILL offices, completeness of the citation given and availability of requested material. In order to have the request filled in time, it is important that you indicate a deadline date on the request form.
ILL may have difficulty obtaining recently published books from other libraries. It may be better for you to request that your library liaison purchase it for the WKU Libraries' collection.
- Check TOPCAT under both author and title
- Check our E-Journals holdings to make sure we don't have the article available online.
- We may have it even if it is not on TOPCAT! Some U.S. government documents are not in TOPCAT. The Marcive WebDocs database lists government document series to which WKU subscribes. You can also ask for assistance at the Reference Desk, call Reference at 745-6125, or call Government Documents at 745-6441, 745-6441, or 745-6107.
- If you have any doubt, ask for assistance at the Reference Desk or Interlibrary Loan office.
- Then, submit ILL request online using our ILLiad web request form
- You may also pick up and fill in the ILL request forms available in Helm Library outside the ILL office. Yellow forms are for books, dissertations, and other monographic requests; blue forms for journal articles, newspaper microfilm and other serial titles. Completed request forms may be submitted by mail or in person to the ILL office.
- Please fill out the forms (either online or paper) completely, with no abbreviations. Citing the source where the request was found will speed things up by allowing us to double-check citations if there is any ambiguity.
- Dan Forrest, Access Services Coordinator
- Kenneth Foushee, Interlibrary Loan Specialist
- Selina Langford, Senior Interlibrary Loan Assistant
- Shizhen Gao, Senior Interlibrary Loan Assistant
- AskUs! (Reference Services)
- Access Services
- Educational Resources Center
- Electronic Information Resources
- Elizabethtown-Fort Knox Library
- Extended Library Services
- Glasgow Library
- Government Documents | Law
- Interlibrary Loan
- Information Literacy
- Owensboro Library
- Reserve Materials
- Visual & Performing Art Library
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,