Celebration of the Arts Call For Artists
2019 Artists Reception
2020 US Bank Celebration of the Arts Exhibit Entry
Call For Artists
Entry Deadline is February 7, 2020
Exhibit February 29 - April 17
One entry per artist
Kentucky Museum invites professional as well as amateur artists to enter its Celebration of the Arts competition.
- Age 18 and above
- Reside in Kentucky within a 65-mile radius of Bowling Green, KY.
- All work will be exhibited at the Kentucky Museum from February 29 - April 17.
- Works are judged and awards given in eight categories.
- Professional Artists include students enrolled in college art classes, persons with significant art training, and persons who regularly market/sell their work.
Amateur Artists include persons with limited art training and create art as a hobby.
- One entry per artist.
- All work must be hand delivered and picked up Work must remain on exhibit through the close of the show.
- All entries are final; no substitution of work or alteration of entry information is permitted.
- All entries must have been created in the past two years and not previously been exhibited in Celebration of the Arts.
- Work must be original in concept and design and created by the artist. No commercially produced or reproduced artwork will be accepted. Artwork substantially based on existing imagery such as movies, television, literature and all other forms of media will not be accepted. No copies, Greenware, utilitarian kits and over the counter craft items are not eligible.
- All works created from natural materials must be stable, well-seasoned and be insect and contaminant free.
- Exhibit organizers reserve the right to determine appropriate categories and to disqualify work from consideration that does not meet acceptable standards, poses installation issues or is deemed unsafe for the museum environment.
- All works intended to be hung must be ready to hang with appropriate hanging hardware. Framed work should have eyelets and wire. Plexiglass is strongly recommended for works larger than 24 inches.
- Please contact Charles Hurst if your work requires special installation requirements, 270-745-6084.
- Video, Slide and CD Presentations will not be accepted.
- No promotional materials accepted.
- No packaging or transportation containers may be left at the museum.
- Kentucky Museum Purchase Award
- Best of Show
- World's Greatest Studio Tour Merit Award
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards will be given in both Professional and Amateur levels in the following categories:
- Works on Paper
- Fiber Arts
- Ceramics and Glass
- Mixed Media
The final decision to give any award is at the discretion of the judge.
Kentucky Museum and US Bank employees, Museum Board Members and US Bank Show Committee members are ineligible for awards.
ENTRY FEE $20
NO SALES - The Kentucky Museum is working towards accreditation by the American Alliance of Museums and is therefore unable to sell artwork at this exhibition.
Kentucky Museum Hours: Tuesday through Saturday from 9AM - 4PM
2020 Exhibition Schedule
February 7 - Entry Forms Due
- Postmark deadline for mailed entry form.
- Deadline for entry form dropped off at the museum is 4pm.
- Deadline for online entry form is 11:59pm.
February 15 - Artwork Delivered
- Hand-delivered work due 9am - 5pm
February 28 - Reception
- Opening reception is 6pm - 8pm with awards presented at 7pm
February 29 - April 17
- Exhibit open to public during museum hours: Tuesday - Saturday, 9am - 4pm
- Artwork Pickup 9am - 5pm