Windows 10 Upgrade Project
All WKU computers running Windows 7 must be upgraded to Windows 10 or replaced before January 14, 2020. In the next few days, all Windows 7 computers will display periodic reminders to take the actions necessary to upgrade or replace the computer.
Prior to the end of support, Windows 7 computers may lose login functionality and display the following: “The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship” To resolve, contact the ITS Service Desk to re-enable logins, and someone from ITS will work with you on upgrade options.
After January 14, 2020, IT Security will disable network access for all Windows 7 computers.
How do I know If I am Running Windows 7?
- Click the Start Button.
- Navigate to Computer.
- In the Computer window, right-click Computer.
- Click Properties.
- The new window will display your Windows version.
What do I do If I am running Windows 7?
Computers running Windows 7 must be upgraded to Windows 10 or replaced before the end of life date. Please check the Support Standards page to determine if your computer is eligible for Windows 10 and can be upgraded. If not, please start planning to replace the computer.
Upgrade to Windows 10
If your computer model is eligible for Windows 10, please fill out a service request to have someone from Information Technology Services (ITS) upgrade your computer.
- Backing up your important data to an external source will make the upgrade process significantly smoother. WKU ITS will assist with moving data, but having this step done beforehand will reduce downtime significantly.
- Take note of any software you have installed that is not on the standard software image for Windows computers listed under the software support standards. You will need to arrange a reinstall of the software through the WKU software center or wherever it was originally obtained should you not have the installation media available. It will also have to be Windows 10 capable.
- Please be patient! WKU ITS has identified many computers that need this upgrade, so you may not be contacted for a while to schedule your upgrade. As long as your computer is working you will be fine using Windows 7 until we get to you.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the ITS Service Desk.