WKU Telecommunications provides University administrative telephone service to all faculty and staff and includes campus, local, and long distance calling services, as well as voice mail service.
• WKU offers analog, digital, and VOIP service.
• An analog line is the most commonly used for providing telephone service between employees, departments and off-campus businesses. An analog line is used to service equipment such as simple desk and wall sets, answering machines, fax machines and alarm circuits.
• A digital line is used to provide service department telephones with a variety of features that assist in making business transactions more efficient.
• A VoIP line (Voice over Internet Protocol) is used to provide service for VoIP phone sets on campus. These VoIP sets have features in addition to those of the Digital sets; however are only available in locations with VoIP service.
Please contact Telecommunications for more information about campus telephone services.
Toll Free Service
In-Bound Toll-Free service allows toll charges for long distance calls to be charged to the called number instead of the caller. A local number is identified as the terminating number, and a toll-free service is assigned to it. The function of the terminating number is not affected, but calls to the toll-free service will ring on that extension.
Getting In-Bound Toll-Free Service
To order service, an individual with budget authority on the account to be charged should send an email to email@example.com The email should include:
• The account number to be charged.
• The campus number to which the toll-free number will be assigned.
For dialing international telephone numbers:
Dial 9 + 011 + Country Code + City Code + Number
Please note: WKU telephones are not initially setup with international calling capability. To request international calling set up, an individual with budget authority on the account to be charged should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org The email should include:
• The telephone number that needs international calling capability
Individual Use: The billing portal allows individual to view their charges and calls placed from their assigned number through the customer portal. If an individual is unable to see their information please send a request to email@example.com. The email should include:
- Individual’s name, WKU ID, and NetID
- Service number assigned.
Department Use: The billing portal allows budgetary authority and/or designated personal to all telephone and cabling charges for their index. If budgetary authority is unable to view department charges or would like to designate an individual to view charges, email the request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should include:
- The person needing access, Name, WKU ID, email address, and NetID
- The index(s) they need to view
For Fall 2013, the IT Division implemented a new online service request system allowing you to report problems and seek assistance online.
The 2013-2014 academic year's free lab print allocation is available to use beginning August 12.
|All Systems are OK|
If you have feedback about the IT website, please use our Website Feedback Form.