Employee Personnel Action Form
EPAF Frequently Asked Questions
The EPAF can be submitted after the Hiring Proposal has been approved through Interview Exchange and the candidate has accepted a verbal offer of employment. The background check will also need to be initiated for the candidate. The Employee Date will then need to be ten (10) days from the date the EPAF is submitted.
The Query Date will automatically populate with the date the EPAF is created. The payroll date and query date should always be the same.
The Payroll Date is the date of the first available payroll. Typically, this will be the same as the Employee Date unless the payroll has already passed.
- Deadline for the monthly payroll is the 10th of each month
- Deadline for the semi-monthly payroll is the 1st (for 15th payroll) and 16th (for 31st payroll)
- Refer to Bi-Weekly Payroll Schedule for bi-weekly deadlines
Approval on the Routing Queue will be different for each Department/College. On the majority of EPAFs, the following Approval Levels will need to be included:
- Level 10: Director/Department Head/Initial Approver
- Level 20: Dean/Associate Dean (if applicable)
- Level 20: Divisional Accounting
- Level 55: Senior Level Approvers
Send question(s) to: firstname.lastname@example.org