Get Ready for Life on the Hill!
Congratulations on your decision to attend WKU! We know this is a very exciting and stressful time in your life as you begin thinking about your move on campus. We are here to help!
M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan, WKU's five day extended orientation program for first year residential students, provides new students with the opportunity to move to campus a week early, before upperclassmen arrive and before classes begin.
- Students who attend M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan have specific move-in dates and instructions:
- Students who DO NOT plan to attend M.A.ST.E.R. Plan can begin moving in to the residence halls Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 8:00 a.m.
What to Bring
Your residence hall room will soon become your "home away from home" and we want you to bring whatever items you will need to make it comfortable. Below is a list of suggested items to get you started:
- Bed linens (extra long mattress size) - can be purchased through The WKU Store, if desired
- Towels & Washcloths
- Laundry Supplies (hamper, detergent, quarters/Big Red Dollars)
- View More Items...
About Hall Check-In
What to Know:
- Your room assignment - hall and room number (sent via email in June/July/August, can also be accessed through Topnet)
- Your WKU student ID number (sometimes referred to as your "800 Number" - can be found on Topnet login page under "Need help?")
- Emergency contacts' names and phone numbers to fill out an Emergency Medical Card
What to Bring with You:
- Your WKU student ID card (or other valid photo ID if WKU card has not been obtained). The hall staff will place a hall identification sticker on your WKU ID card.
- Your health insurance card. You will need this to write down your group number on the Emergency Medical Card)
- A cart or dolly to move large items - these are not provided by the university
What to Do:
- During M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan, student leaders will help you find temporary parking near your hall to unload your vehicle.
- Go to the front desk of your hall to check-in before moving in your belongings.
- Follow the instructions of the hall staff - you will meet your friendly hall staff, fill out a few forms, receive your key, and you're ready to move in!
- Those helping the student move in will receive wristbands before moving in items. This helps our desk staff know who is entering and exiting the building.
- During M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan, student leaders and volunteers from the community will be available to help carry items for you.
- While most buildings are equipped with elevators, the lines can sometimes get long with a large volume of students moving in at once. Please have patience and use the stairs when you are able. Move-in times during M.A.S.T.E.R. Plan are tiered to help with elevator lines.
If you have questions, check out the frequently asked questions, or please contact us. We look forward to having you with us at WKU!
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,