Mission of Housing & Residence Life
The Department of Housing & Residence Life, in partnership with the student and the university community, will provide a premier living/learning experience that ensures student success.
- Each person is unique;
- Each person has intrinsic value;
- Each person has the capacity to learn;
- Each person has the capacity to be successful;
- Each person is responsible for his/her own decisions;
- Each person influences environments, environments influence each person.
Our residential students will actively engage in living learning experiences relevant to their individual success.
The Western Creed
Western Kentucky University is a community dedicated to learning, where ideas are offered, examined and discussed.
As a member of this community, I have both a personal and shared responsibility to participate actively in university life by:
- Practicing personal and academic integrity;
- Seeking unity by respecting the dignity of all persons;
- Celebrating and embracing diversity;
- Encouraging freedom of expression;
- Acting in accordance with basic principles of citizenship;
- Preserving and appreciating the natural beauty of the campus;
- Enriching all aspects of life through the educational process; and by
- Embracing the ideals expressed on the University seal: "Life More Life" and "The Spirit Makes the Master," by pursuing personal growth and a life of excellence.
Division of Student Affairs Mission
The Division of Student Affairs and Campus Services' mission is to greatly enhance the academic program and environment of the University by providing our students with "out-of-the-classroom" learning experiences, services, programs, and activities that improve their quality of life, as well as promote and encourage student development and life-long learning. This mission directly advances the University's Strategic Plan, /Challenging the Spirit./