Mission of WKU Housing & Residence Life
The Department of Housing & Residence Life, in partnership with the student and the university community, will provide a premier living/learning experience that promotes student success.
- Each person is unique;
- Each person has intrinsic value;
- Each person has the capacity to learn;
- Each person has the capacity to be successful;
- Each person is responsible for his/her own decisions;
- Each person influences environments, environments influence each person.
Our residential students will actively engage in living learning experiences relevant to their individual success.
- Maintain and continually improve our facilities;
- Continually develop and strengthen our organization's human resources to embrace continual change and improvement and pervasive leadership;
- Foster students' learning by intentionally promoting and providing educational experiences;
- Partner with others in the university community to enhance the academic mission;
- Enable students to declare a vision of their success;
- Create and implement a targeted marketing plan that educates and attracts students to our on-campus experience;
- Recognize and celebrate success.
The Western Creed
Western Kentucky University is a community dedicated to learning, where ideas are offered, examined and discussed.
As a member of this community, I have both a personal and shared responsibility to participate actively in university life by:
- Practicing personal and academic integrity;
- Seeking unity by respecting the dignity of all persons;
- Celebrating and embracing diversity;
- Encouraging freedom of expression;
- Acting in accordance with basic principles of citizenship;
- Preserving and appreciating the natural beauty of the campus;
- Enriching all aspects of life through the educational process; and by
- Embracing the ideals expressed on the University seal: "Life More Life" and "The Spirit Makes the Master," by pursuing personal growth and a life of excellence.
The Department of Housing & Residence Life is a member of the WKU Division of Student Affairs