Mahurin Honors College Good Standing Policy
Requirements for Good Standing in the Mahurin Honors College and Honors Program Curriculum:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.2
- A minimum of 9 total Honors hours within the first 30 hours taken while at WKU
- A minimum of 18 total Honors hours within the first 60 hours taken
- A minimum of 27 total Honors hours within 90 total hours
- By 90 hours, completion of at least 1.5 hours of Honors Colloquia
- By 90 hours, enrollment in HON 403 CE/T credit or an official switch to the Non-Thesis track
Requirements for Good Standing in the Honors in the Major Curriculum:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.2
- 3 hours of Honors credit taken every semester
- By 90 hours, enrollment in HON 403 CE/T credit
Warning Semester Appeal Policies and Procedures
Students placed on warning semester have either failed to meet the requirement of a 3.2 GPA or the Honors credit hour requirement of 9 Honors hours per year.
- We understand that in some situations these requirements may not have been met because of extenuating circumstances.
Students on Warning Semester will be required to make an advising appointments within the first three weeks of the semester where they will be provided with resources and an individualized academic plan to get back on track.
- To appeal this designation please follow the following procedure:
- Compose a formal letter to the Associate Director stating the reasons for the appeal and explaining a clear plan for completing the specific Mahurin Honors College requirements.
- Letters should be submitted no more than two weeks after the first day of classes to email@example.com. Students will be required to meet with their Honors Advisor prior to submitting any such appeal. Appeals are reviewed and decided upon by the Associate Director.
- If the appeal is based on a medical or personal hardship, substantive supporting documentation must be provided.
- If students aren’t able to once again meet the Mahurin Honors College Good Standing requirements within one semester, students have the option of undertaking an Extended Warning Semester. Please consult with your assigned Mahurin Honors College Academic Advisor for details about this option.
At the end of each term, academic advisors will evaluate student progress based upon the student’s individualized academic plan. If no significant changes are made, the Mahurin Honors College reserves the right to remove students from the college.”
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,