H4 Counselor Information
H4 2014 Directional Leader and Counselor applications will be available January 27, 2014.
Deadline for submission is February 6, 2014.
H4 2014 will take place August 12-17, 2014.
Please note that an interview session with Honors College H4 staff is included in the application process. Along with the online application and recommendation, applicants will also participate in a short 10-15 minute interview. Dates and times for interviews will be released with the application. These interviews are mandatory for your application process.
Counselors at H4 have the unique opportunity to foster a relationship with incoming Honors freshmen. These bonds hold for the length of both students’ tenure at WKU and beyond.
Whether you have been a counselor multiple times, are a former H4 participant, or are completely new to H4, we encourage you to apply!
Benefits of being a counselor include:
- A leadership activity to place on your resume;
- Moving into your residence hall earlier;
- Meeting the incoming Honors class and becoming more involved in the Honors community;
- Multiple T-shirts, backpacks, water bottles, and other Honors College gear;
- Meals prepared by Deer Run’s highly regarded chef; and
- Transportation to and from the camp as well as lodging at Deer Run.
- This individual will be assigned 5-7 incoming freshman and mentor them throughout the H4 experience.
- Counselors are expected to actively participate throughout the camp process and represent the Honors College at WKU in a professional manner.
- This individual will lead one of the four teams at H4.
- Each directional leader will spearhead the plans and execution of one of four activities: Skit, Showcase, Bonfire, or the outdoor Friday night activity (past years have included games of Sardines).
- This individual will also be assigned 5-7 incoming freshman and mentor them throughout the H4 experience.
- Directional Leaders are expected to actively participate throughout the camp process and represent the Honors College at WKU in a professional manner.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,