First-time freshmen who meet any one of the following requirements are eligible to apply:
• 27 ACT composite, or combined verbal and math SAT of 1210; or
• 3.8 unweighted high school GPA; or
• Top 15% of graduating high school class.
Important Terms of Admission
- Selection for Honors College admission is distinct from general WKU admission and WKU scholarships.
- Honors College selections are competitive as space is limited to 300 students per incoming freshman class.
- Students receiving the Cherry Presidential and 1906 Founders Award scholarships also receive Honors College admission based on their scholarship award. Cherry Presidential and 1906 Founders recipients must complete the Honors College application for admission.
Honors Course Eligibility
First-time freshmen who are accepted into the Honors College or who have been placed on the Honors College Waiting List are eligible to take any course with an Honors designation.
First-time freshmen who are not accepted into the Honors College may still enroll in Honors courses in their first semester at WKU if they meet the requirements on the following sliding scale:
- Minimum 27 ACT/1210 SAT AND a high school GPA greater than 3.6; or
- Minimum 29 ACT/1290 SAT AND a high school GPA greater than 3.2.
Reapplying to the Honors College
Students who are not admitted as a first-time freshman may reapply at the end of the fall semester upon receipt of final grades. For more information on applying as a current WKU student, please call the Honors College at 270-745-2081 and ask for the Admissions Counselor.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,