Department of History Staff
Tamara Van Dyken
- Associate Professor; Undergraduate Advisor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: Cherry Hall 240
- Phone Number: (270) 745-2994
- Ph.D., University of Notre Dame, 2009
- Fields United States Religious History, Evangelicalism and Fundamentalism, History Education
My research focuses on evangelicalism and fundamentalism in late nineteenth and twentieth century America, specifically the intersection of evangelical Protestantism and American culture. Currently, I am exploring the development of evangelical feminism in America from the 1970s through the 1990s and its role in defining postmodern evangelicalism as well as second-wave feminism.
In addition to teaching the second half of Western Civilization and the United States survey, I have taught upper level period courses including the United States 1900-1945 and the United States since 1945 as well as topical courses in the History of Religion in America, Evangelicalism and Politics in America, and the History of Sport.