Department of History Staff
- Professor; Dept. Chair (Teaching Abroad Spring 2020)
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: Cherry Hall 201A
- Phone Number: (270) 745-4665
- Website: http://people.wku.edu/eric.reed/
- Curriculum Vitae: Curriculum Vitae
- Ph.D., Syracuse University, 2001
- Fields Modern France, Modern Europe
My book, Selling the Yellow Jersey: The Tour de France in the Global Age (University of Chicago Press, forthcoming 2014), places the history of the classic event in a global context.
I am developing a research project that will examine travel, global networks, and urban development in small to medium-sized cities from the mid-19th century to the 1930s.
I enjoy teaching a wide variety of courses including our Western Civilization survey, 20th-Century Europe, History of Sport, History of Popular Culture, and The City in History.