WKU partners with Screening for Mental Health (www.mentalhealthscreening.org: Enter keyword: WKENTUCKYU) to provide on-campus mental health screening for the WKU community each fall. WKU Counseling and Testing Staff set up a table in the Downing University Center (DUC) to screen students, faculty and staff. We have also taken the screening into the classroom and offer professors a brief overview of the signs and symptoms of depression, anxiety, bi-polar and post-traumatic stress disorder. WKU student are then given their screening results and referred (as needed) for additional services.
This fall, we screened over 375 students (over 74% female and 26% male). More than 1 out of every 10 people screened report being on psychiatric medication. 24% of those responding were likely to have some form of depression, 8% were likely to have bi-polar and 23% were likely to have some form of PTSD.
WKU also was highlighted in the Student Affairs Leader for their efforts with the 2007 Depression Screening. Click here to read the article.
- Online Mental Health Screening
- Client Satisfaction Survey
- Master Degree Internship Program
- American Counseling Association
- American Psychological Association
- Barren River Area Safe Space
- Hope Harbor Sexual Assault Prevention
- Kentucky Alcoholics Anonymous
- Kentucky Board for Professional Counselors
- Kentucky Psychological Association
- Medical Center of Bowling Green
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- QPR Institute
- Suicide Prevention Research Center