Healthy at Work Officers & COVID-19 Response Team
To request assistance achieving WKU's fall 2020 operational norms, to report safety concerns, or to report contact with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 contact 270-745-2019 or email@example.com.
Healthy at Work Officers
WKU has designated Healthy at Work Officers (HWO) as prescribed by the Governor’s Office. These individuals have a wealth of experience and will provide strong technical expertise and leadership in overseeing the university’s tactical response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The officers are:
- Laura Tomlin, Assistant Director EH&S: Lead HWO Program Coordinator
- Brandon Higgins, Manager Worker Comp & Safety: Employees, Regional Campuses
- Michael Gaddie, Associate AD/Sports Medicine: Athletics Staff and Student Athletes
The Healthy at Work Officers will coordinate to implement strategies and tactical
plans to support the campus response to COVID-19.
Designated COVID-19 Response Team
In addition to the designated Healthy at Work Officers, additional personnel will support the campus communities related to operational requirements around COVID-19. These include:
- David Oliver, Director EH&S/EM: Emergency Management and EOC Operations
- Melna Wilson, Coordinator EH&S/EM: Campus Case Response Coordinator
- John Sunnygard, Associate Provost Global Learning International Affairs: International Operations Interface
- Ken Branch, Director Facilities Management: Facilities Readiness and Operations
Additional roles and resources will be included as governmental requirements and situational changes dictate.