The Graduate School - Thesis, Dissertation, Specialist Projects
Students in programs requiring a thesis, specialist project, or dissertation are encouraged to begin research and writing as early as possible. The following links include guidelines and information when preparing your document.
Students will submit two items to the Graduate School for publication: 1) an electronic copy of the document; and 2) the original signature page. The step-by-step process is:
- Successfully defend the thesis or dissertation for the committee. The committee and student will review the document for all content, academic integrity, and formatting. (See the Formatting Guidelines above.)
- Complete the online Copyright Permission form and email an electronic copy of the thesis or dissertation to the Graduate School (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Student will obtain signatures of the committee members on the signature page and
submit this original page to the Graduate School (Wetherby Administration Building, Room 207) which will
be reviewed/approved by the Graduate School Dean and electronically inserted into
the document for completion.
Note: The Comprehensive Exam form does not substitute for the signature page; the graduate adviser must separately submit the Comprehensive Exam form to the Graduate School, and the committee chair or primary advisor are responsible for submitting grades for 599, 699, and 799 courses.
- The Graduate School will complete a final review of the formatting and forward the
completed document to the WKU library for publication on TopSCHOLAR.
Note: Original signature pages are available for pick-up by the student in WAB 207 for one (1) year following deposition.
- The library will notify the student of publication via email.
Fall 2018 - Friday, November 16, 2018
Spring 2019 - Friday, April 19, 2019
Summer 2019 - Friday, July 19, 2019
Fall 2019 - Friday, November 22, 2019