The Graduate School - Thesis, Dissertation, Specialist Projects
COVID-19 UPDATE: The thesis/specialist project/dissertation submission deadlines for spring AND summer 2020 have been extended until July 31, 2020.
For additional information or questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students in programs requiring a thesis, specialist project, or dissertation are encouraged to begin research and writing as early as possible. The following links include guidelines and information when preparing your document.
Students will submit two items to the Graduate School for publication: 1) an electronic copy of the document; and 2) the original signature page. The step-by-step process is:
- Successfully defend the thesis or dissertation for the committee. The committee and student will review the document for all content, academic integrity, and formatting. (See the Formatting Guidelines above.)
- Complete the online Copyright Permission form and email an electronic copy of the thesis or dissertation to the Graduate School (email@example.com).
- Student will obtain signatures of the committee members on the signature page and
submit this original page to the Graduate School (Wetherby Administration Building, Room 207)
which will be reviewed/approved by the Associate Provost for Research and Graduate
Education and electronically inserted into the document for completion. Due to COVID-19 socially distancing guidelines, electronic signatures will be accepted.
The signature page should be emailed to graduate.records@wku along with the final document.
Note: The Comprehensive Exam form does not substitute for the signature page; the graduate adviser must separately submit the Comprehensive Exam form to the Graduate School, and the committee chair or primary advisor are responsible for submitting grades for 599, 699, and 799 courses.
- The Graduate School will complete a final review of the formatting and forward the
completed document to the WKU library for publication on TopSCHOLAR.
Note: Original signature pages are available for pick-up by the student in WAB 207 for one (1) year following deposition.
- The library will notify the student of publication via email.
Spring 2020 - Friday, April 17, 2020 July 31, 2020
Summer 2020 - Friday, July 17, 2020 July 31, 2020
Fall 2020 - Friday, November 20, 2020
Spring 2021 - Friday, April 9, 2021