Financial Planning Certificate
The Certificate Program in Financial Planning is intended to qualify non-finance majors or degree-holding individuals who wish to pursue a career in financial planning.
After successful completion of the following seven courses, the student receives a Certificate of Financial Planning from Western Kentucky University and fulfills the educational component, one of the four requirements of the CFP® certification.
- ACCT 330 - Tax Planning for Investments
- FIN 330 - Principles of Financial Management
- FIN 331 - Applied Investments
- FIN 332 - Investment Theory
- FIN 350 - Risk Management/Insurance
- FIN 444 - Retirement Planning
- FIN 445 - Estate Planning
There may be additional course requirements for students not meeting prerequisites.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,