Facebook Pixel Maintenance | Western Kentucky University Skip to main content


Report a Maintenance Issue by sending DFM a text


 Send a text to 82257
(Always put keyword: WKUDFM at the beginning of your text) 

Your name/Bldg/Room #/descripiton of problem
Sign up here to be able to utilize texting

1. Determine whether your maintenance request is an emergency.

An emergency is any situation that threatens lives, could cause serious injuries or effects the scheduled operations of the buildings, equipment or utilities. Examples are: smoke, gas, or burning odors, no air conditioning, backed up drains, overflowing toilets or broken windows. All other work requests are considered routine.

2. Who to contact?

Facilities Management office hours are from 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you have an emergency request, please contact your R.A. on duty first. If you are unable to contact your resident assistant during normal office hours, please call our office at (270)745-3253.
After hour emergencies  please do not send a text, contact your front desk or your on site R.A. for assistance.

For routine requests, submit a maintenance repair requests using our electronic requests system or send a text to us at 82257,  If this is your first time sending a text use keyword: WKUDFM and (your full name) along with your room number and repair needed.  Work will be scheduled as soon as possible (availability of parts may impact completion time).  


Frequently Asked Questions:

  1.  How do I put in a work request for a repair to my room? Work Requests should be reported through the electronic work order system or by text. Emergencies should be reported to your RA or call University Police at 745-2548

  2. Who do I call for pest control issues? Can be reported by submitting a work requests to Facilities Management.

  3. Who should I call for no power in my room? Emergency requests should be reported to your RA or RHD.

  4. Water Issues in the building, who should I call?Emergency requests should be reported to your RA or RHD.

  5. Who do I call for cable television, wired network, or wireless network issues? The ITS Service Desk serves as a single point of contact for technology support and is reachable in a variety of ways found at  https://www.wku.edu/its/contact


Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 6/21/19