Welcome to the Exploratory Program! We know that choosing a major can be a stressful process, but the Exploratory Advisors within the Advising and Career Development Center (ACDC) can help. We are centrally located on campus in Downing Student Union, and we are also the central hub of advising. Whether you need assistance choosing classes, want more information on a particular major, or are having an issue and you are not sure where to go, our staff is here to help you. Do not hesitate to email us, call us, or even stop by our office to set up an appointment to speak with your academic advisor.
The Exploratory Program is an initiative of the Advising and Career Development Center (ACDC) created to lead Exploratory students on a path to self discovery. Students will explore the wide array of majors that WKU has to offer. The Exploratory Program will empower students to make well informed decisions regarding their major and career options. Students who utilize the Exploratory Program will build a foundation of success in order to persist to graduation.
Students participating in the Exploratory Program will:
- Connect with campus departments, faculty, staff and students beginning at orientation;
- Express a sense of pride in being an Exploratory student at WKU through campus engagement and connections;
- Exhibit knowledge of campus resources through engagement in campus events including extracurricular and academic activities each semester;
- Be academically successful through recognition and utilization of campus resources such as tutoring services, The Learning Center, etc. each semester;
- Communicate effectively and professionally with faculty, staff and peers;
- Be actively engaged citizens through volunteer opportunities and civic engagement;
- Explore and familiarize themselves with WKU colleges, academic departments, and careers in order to commit to a major before they have earned 59+ hours.