- Part-Time Faculty
- Information For
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Faculty Information
- Center for Robert Penn Warren Studies
- Creative Writing Graduate Profiles
- English Club Page
- English Department Internship Program
- English Majors' Weblog
- General Education Classes
- Jim Wayne Miller Celebration of Writing
- Teaching English as a Second Language
- Victorians: A Journal of Culture and Literature
- Writing Center
- Writing Project
- Winter Writing Workshop 2014
Time: All Day
Location: Submit electronically to TenthMuseMag@gmail.com
Have your creative work published in the next volume of the Tenth Muse!
- Fiction (micro, flash, short story), creative nonfiction (personal essay, nature writing, literary journalism, memoir), poetry (haiku, sonnet, free verse, prose poem), dramatic script, academic writing (literary criticism or analyses).
- Creative and academic writing in Spanish
- Artwork and photography
Prose Submission Guidelines
Length and format:
- Prose: 100 to 4,000 words, double-spaced, standard font type and size, standard margins. There is no limit to the number of prose pieces that may be submitted.
- Poetry: up to five poems in one document, no length or formatting guidelines, and no limit to the number of poems that may be submitted.
All prose submissions must include the following:
- Your name, phone number, and email address on first page of manuscript
- A running header with page number and your last name
- A title for the work
- A brief author bio in the body of your email—tell us about yourself (50-100 words)
Please submit your work electronically. Send as an attachment to TenthMuseMag@gmail.com.
- MS-Word (.doc, .docx), .pdf, and .rtf files
- subject of email: “Your Last Name, Title, Genre” (For example: Twain, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Fiction)
*Simultaneous submissions are accepted so long as you tell us immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
*We are a busy but dedicated staff so please allow for some time for us to respond.
*Deadline for prose submissions is December 1
Art/Photography Submission Guidelines
We are looking for dynamic artwork and photography for the next volume of the Tenth Muse. There is no limit to the number of works you may submit and we accept any and all types of art for consideration.
In conjunction with our call for submissions for publication, we are running a cover art contest—your work could be the face of the magazine! All entries for the contest will also be considered for publication inside the magazine. This contest is open to all interested.
- Send artwork to TenthMuseMag@gmail.com.
- We can accept files in ".jpg", ".tif", and ".pdf" formats only. Please send smaller files for entry. Our inbox isn't that big.
- Include your Name and “Art Submission” or “Cover Art Contest” (whichever is applicable to your work) in the subject line of the email. Please include a title of your work for the staff’s cataloguing purposes.
- Include a brief (50-100 word) bio in the body of the email.
- You may submit more than one work.
- Deadline is December 1 for both general art/photography submissions AND cover art contest submissions.
**Questions? Ask Anna! (Anna.Kelley@clarke.edu)
* * * * *
What are you waiting for?! Write! Draw! Paint! Sketch! Take pictures! Submit!