Environmental Health and Safety - Laboratory Safety
The Lab Safety Program is responsible for safety and environmental compliance within research and teaching labs throughout WKU facilities. Our focus is to provide proactive direction for labs with safety issues and to facilitate compliance.
- Maintain compliance with the multitude of safety and health regulations pertaining to laboratories on WKU Campuses
- Act as a facilitator in resolving non-compliance laboratory safety issues
- Ensure that all laboratory staff understand and apply safe work practices
- Empower laboratory staff and Principle Investigators with the knowledge to rectify non-compliant issues
- Provide training to lab staff for safe use of equipment and hazardous materials in the lab environment
Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control PlanEmergency Contacts TemplateEyewash Activation RecordHazardous and Regulated Waste at WKUInstitutional Biosafety CommitteeWKU Chemical Plan (coming soon)WKU Laboratory Decommissioning FormWKU Laboratory Near Miss FormWKU Laboratory Safety Training ChecklistWKU Laser Safety ManualWKU Radiation SafetyWKU Regulated Waste Pickup FormWKU Respiratory Protection ProgramAmerican Chemical SocietyPrudent Practices in the LaboratoryWorkplace Safety & Health TopicsInstitutional Animal Care & Use (IACUC)