The student teaching experience is the capstone experience that bridges the WKU undergraduate experience to the first year of teaching. The student teacher will spend this semester learning how to demonstrate performance on the components of the Kentucky Framework for Teaching. The purpose is to support beginning teachers in their development and to focus this support through a process that aligns with the KY Framework.
Application for Student Teaching
- Application Due Date: February 15 for Fall semester and September 15 for Spring semester.
- Required Documents Due Date: March 15 for Fall semester and October 15 for Spring semester. – please email completed documents to email@example.com.
CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING PRIOR TO MAKING APPLICATION
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR STUDENT TEACHING APPLICATION
- Student Teaching Data Form
- Physical Form
- TB Risk Assessment
- PBiS (Promoting Positive Behavior in Schools) I & II
- Student Teaching Course Registration
- Liability Insurance Options available
- It is mandatory that all student teachers have liability insurance on file prior to the first day of student teaching.
Student Teaching Handbook Resource Site All student teachers, mentor cooperating teachers, and university supervisors should refer to this resource for the required forms and expectations for the student teaching semester.