A New Century of Spirit, a five-year campaign, was publicly announced in September 2007. By 2012, private philanthropic investments will provide the means to affect profound attitudinal, intellectual, financial, and physical changes in the campus.
- WKU benefactors will contribute $200 million in new gifts and pledges to ensure a transformed institution.
- New commitments to academic quality will include the enhancement of the Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky, a premier Honors College, an internationally engaged faculty and student body, a new practitioner scholar doctoral program in Educational Leadership, and a business plan for the transfer of campus technology to the workplace and for the commercialization of WKU intellectual property.
- A $200 million endowment will provide the capacity for more competitive compensation for highly credentialed faculty and financial support for exceptional students.
- WKU faculty will generate $50 million annually in relevant sponsored research and public service to create meaningful enhancements to the quality of life of all within WKU’s regional, national, and global reach.
- A $500 million capital investment in the campus will greatly enhance high-quality academic, student life, and athletic facilities.
- A rich blend of 20,000 high-energy students will bring an average high school GPA of 3.5 to the campus and will graduate at unprecedented rates.
- WKU will compete for national success at the highest level in all of its academic and athletic programs.
A New Century of Spirit will focus on the people, places, and programs that exemplify the WKU Spirit. Support of the campaign will allow the University to reach its goals of attracting and retaining highly credentialed faculty and exceptional students, enhancing WKU’s physical campus, and providing academic and programmatic support for all areas of the University.
In meeting the goals of A New Century of Spirit, WKU will have kept its promise of national prominence with international influence. By 2012, WKU faculty and students will acquire the ability and confidence to compete in distinguished programs with any college or university anywhere on the globe.
- Alumni Association
- College Heights Foundation
- Hilltopper Athletic Foundation
- WKU Foundation
- Giving News
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,