International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)
The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) is a global network of communication professionals committed to improving organizational effectiveness through strategic communication. We are the WKU chapter of the organization and we are dedicated to sharing opportunities and experiences in communication for students at Western Kentucky University that will leave a lasting impact on their professional careers. Students of all majors are welcome. Meetings are open and take place every first Monday of the month at 5pm in room 156, unless otherwise stated. Each month, we have professional guest speakers from across the communication field. We usually offer refreshments at each meeting and some communication classes will offer extra credit for attending the events.
Why join IABC?
- Attend meetings with guest speakers from the professional field
- Meet people with similar interests in communication
- Network with communication professionals
- Build your resume and job application skills
- Serve your local community
- Tap into our network of global members to help you transition from school to professional life
- Find out what it really means to enter the world of marketing, PR, corporate communications, advertising, HR, external communications, government relations
- IABC meetings, conferences, conventions, career nights
- And MORE!
How to Become a Member:
In order to be a member of the organization, it is required that you apply for student membership with the IABC Nashville Chapter. The link to the application is here. Once it is complete, you can email/send it to our office or to the Department of communication office and we will have it sent/faxed to the Nashville chapter. If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact Dr. Donna Schiess. We would love to have you as a member of IABC!
- September 9th Guest: 5pm
- Tamara Ward- EVP of Corporate development atCamping world holdings, inc.
- October 14th guest: 6 pm
- Craig Catlett- Senior Manager of Local Church Services at United Methodist Communications
- November 11th guest: 5 pm
- Dr. RobertBoone- President/CEO of South Central Workforce Development Board
- December 12th member meeting only- see Ryan Linton for more information
Spring dates to be announced
For more information, contact Dr. Donna Schiess
Ryan Linton, WKU IABC president
Garrett Bunch, VP of Membership